I never thought we would sell out but we did. Over the last few days we’ve seen our stocks dwindle and now we’ve officially run-out of our JTBD cards. Luckily we’d seen this coming and instead of just ordering a reprint we’ve been working behind the scenes to redesign the cards a bit and add some new ones.
I started by looking at how well they did the Job I had designed them to do. I watched as people used them in workshops and saw that people always used the “back of the cards” rather than the front as I intended. Interesting. How could I encourage both sides to be as useful?
I decided to run the colour coding across both sides to make it easier to use the cards directly during an interview and to reinforce the learning story; colours encourage you to think about the purpose of each question and help you build your own interview flow.
Another problem we have solved is making sure that after a workshop we still had all the cards; with 42 similar cards and perhaps multiple packs it was really annoying. Our solution, especially as we now have 50 cards was to number each card.
Finally after working on my Analytics Cards, I wanted to make both decks feel like they came from the same place with similar packaging and instruction booklets.
So, drum-roll… today we pressed the button to create the new version of JTBD Cards and they will be with us very soon.